Learn about our latest 6.5 release, a case study with the largest retailer in Aisa, new ILP clients for different programming languages, and news from our community.
This release brings a new algorithm for SQL
COPY, which is specifically
designed to enable fast and easy CSV import for large and unsorted data
files. This feature comes in handy when you want to migrate a large amount of
data from other databases to QuestDB. Learn more about the feature:
In addition, there are several improvements and fixes for the Influx line protocol, Core, and SQL engine, which are included in the full release notes.
Special thanks to @HeZean and @CJCShadowsan for contributing to this release!
#ILP clients for ingestion
This month, we have also released new Influx line protocol (ILP) client libraries with TLS encryption support:
In the next few days, we'll release the ILP client for Node.js.
#Central Group case study
We have published a new case study together with Central Group !
Central Group is the largest retail company in Asia and the owner of brands such as Selfridges. QuestDB is the core database driving their real-time data analytics for business intelligence collected from e-commerce sites and physical stores.
Read the case study.
#QuestDB community meetup
We have hosted another community meetup this month! Our Developer Advocate Javier, together with our core engineering team, went through QuestDB's implementation for replication and the current development timeline. Here is the recording:
We would like to give a warm welcome to our new community members. Happy to see you share your ideas and initiate discussions on Slack and GitHub!
- QuestDB is about to reach 9,000 stars on ! If you haven't starred us, join the club now, thank you! 🥂
- Kovid Rathee published a guide to show you how to set up basic authentication for QuestDB open source using Nginx.
- Wesley Faulkner mentioned QuestDB in his recent talk at THAT conference: A whirlwind tour of modern databases.
- Our new teammate, Amy, improved the guide on how to improve ingestion with commit lag configurations.
- [Event] Our CTO Vlad will be speaking at JavaZone on Sept 7, say hi to him if you're also going to JavaZone!
- [Event] Our team will host a booth at BigData LND on Sept 21-22, registration is now open.
- As always, we'd like to give a shout-out to the community members who continue to show their support: thank you @TarasNovak for publishing the QuestDB data notebook on Observable! 😎
We hope you enjoy reading our latest issue so far. If you'd like to provide your input on our newsletter or product, please share your ideas on or reach out to our team members on the QuestDB Community Slack.