Learn about our latest 6.5.3 release, Hacktoberfest 2022, a new case study with Invezo, and the latest news from our community.
We have released QuestDB 6.5.3! Below are highlights of the release:
- Add new Prometheus metrics for monitoring PGWire and JVM.
- Add column pre-touch to speed up filter queries for cloud storage.
- Implement a widget to show all the keyboard shortcuts on the web console.
It's Hacktoberfest season again!
Hacktoberfest is a way for us to raise awareness about open source software and encourage more developers or technical writers to contribute to the space.
We welcome both code and non-code contributions , such as docs improvement, tutorials, or blog posts.
There are three QuestDB projects accepting contributions:
- QuestDB: QuestDB core database written in Java and C++.
- Documentation: QuestDB docs site built with Docusaurus.
- Web console: QuestDB web console written in Typescript and React.
DevStories is our brand-new blog series. We interview developers in our community to understand how they build applications with QuestDB. For the first post of this series, we are thrilled to interview Kevin Kamto, Co-founder at AthleteX Markets.
Our CTO, Vlad, talked about 'Building a High-Performance Database in Java' at JavaZone 2022. Watch the recording:
We would like to give a warm welcome to our new community members. Happy to see you share your ideas and initiate discussions on Slack and GitHub!
- QuestDB makes it into the top 10 time-series databases on DB-Engines!
- Miftahul Arifin published a tutorial about how to build API with Go and QuestDB.
- Shai Almog mentioned QuestDB in his blog post about Javazone 2022.
- Our team will go to Devoxx Belgium (Oct 11 - 14) and our CTO, Vlad, will talk about building fast bulk import with Java and C.
- Our team will join Web Summit Lisbon (Nov 2 - 4) and Solana Breakpoint (Nov 4 - 7) in Lisbon, additional details will be announced on Twitter later.
- As always, we'd like to give a shout-out to community members who continue to show their support: thank you @nashrafeeg!
Our team is growing and we're on the lookout for new colleagues. Check out our open positions and apply today!
We hope you enjoy reading our latest issue so far. If you'd like to provide your input on our newsletter or product, please reach out to our team members on the QuestDB Community Slack.