This month, we announce QuestDB 6.3 and exciting partnerships with Cube.js and MindsDB.
We just released version 6.3! Here are highlights of the release:
- Introduce new execution algorithms for the
WHEREclause predicates with ridiculous performance gains.
- Add cloud-native filesystem snapshots for live database backups.
- Introduce new
LATEST ONalgorithm with over 100x performance bump.
- Introduce read-only mode for PostgreSQL wire protocol.
- Add new functionality to format SQL queries in the web console.
- Improve syntax highlighting by adding autocomplete table names in the web console.
Please note that we've left out
UPDATE in this release because this feature
still requires more testing.
Read the full release notes to have a complete overview of all the new features, improvements, and bug fixes in this version.
#CMU Database Talks
Our CTO, Vlad Ilyushchenko, shared about QuestDB architecture and design at CMU Database Talks.
#Integration with Cube.js
You can now use QuestDB with Cube.js, a headless business intelligence platform that allows you to organize all the data into a structured data model.
While QuestDB is optimized for slicing and dicing time-stamped data through its SQL extensions, Cube offers multiple ways of pre-aggregating data effectively by building a caching layer on top of your data to speed up the query performance. Together, QuestDB and Cube have your time series data all set up for use downstream.
Check out the blog post to learn more.
#Integration with MindsDB
You can now perform time series forecasting in QuestDB with the new MindsDB integration!
MindsDB acts as a prediction layer on top of QuestDB. You can pre-process your time series data inside QuestDB and then access these data from MindsDB in SQL to produce powerful ML models.
Check out the tutorial and learn to use MindsDB with QuestDB.
We want to give a warm welcome to new community members. Happy to see you share your ideas and initiate discussions on Slack and GitHub!
- Our live demo now includes real-time crypto trading data from the Coinbase Exchange. This article shows several SQL queries and live Grafana charts based on the dataset.
- YouTube channel, Code with Irtiza , shared a tutorial about how to code a crypto price tracker with QuestDB and Python .
- LiveAction shared their innovation story in Cybersecurity , using QuestDB to power their new product, the ThreatEye NV platform.
- As always, we'd like to give a shout-out to the community members who continue to show their support; thank you @TrystonPerry! 😎
We hope you enjoy reading our latest issue so far. If you'd like to provide your input on our newsletter or product, please share your ideas on or reach out to our team members on the QuestDB Community Slack.