With the official launch of 6.0 just around the corner, we want to keep you up to speed on our latest updates, news and content from recent weeks.
#QuestDB 6.0 alpha is out
We're happy to announce that the alpha release for QuestDB 6.0 is now available!
This release adds support for out-of-order ingestion (O3) on-the-fly and as a result, does not enforce that records arrive in chronological order. O3 adds flexibility and efficiency of use to the system and provides compatibility with the Time Series Benchmark Suite (TSBS) which is used to reliably measure and compare the performance of time series databases.
The goal is to get as much feedback on performance or issues so feel free to reach out on Slack and let us know how the alpha is running!
Verizon Media, Kepler Cheuvreux and Turk Telecom have now joined QuestDB's user base. We have recently released a case study alongside DATRON which builds high-speed industrial CNC Machines. Find more details on our customer page.
#QuestDB on the web
We have the following editorials to share where we're happy to be featured:
- Webinar with n8n.io on real-time market data with Brian, Tanay & Harshil
- We'll be presenting QuestDB at the 2021 Postgres Conference
- The db-engines ranking places us at #15, ahead of Alibaba Cloud TSDB
- LibHunt listed us as 4th top trending Java project
- Introducing the next generation of dev tools by Dawn Capital
- [Streaming Ethereum On-Chain Data to QuestDB](https://https://Streaming Ethereum On-Chain Data to QuestDB) by Yitaek Hwang
- Automating ETL jobs on Google Cloud Platform by Gábor Boros
For a quick summary of the last month, here are a few highlights:
- We reached 3k GitHub stars !
- Our WAU count on QuestDB Slack has reached 100
- 60 new community members on Slack in the last 30 days
- One of our top contributors Piotr
Rżysko is working on a framework for Prometheus metrics which is one of our most requested features!
Big thanks to our community for the discussions, feedback, and additions!
We're on the lookout for new members to join QuestDB. The roles we're hiring for at the moment include:
- Senior Cloud Engineer
- Front-end Engineer
- Developer Relations Engineer
- Back-end Engineer
For more details, the openings we have are listed on our careers page.
After our dedicated early adopters are finished putting the 6.0 pre-release through it's paces, we'll be officially launching version 6.0 which marks a major milestone for our project. We're happy to share the launch along with the benchmark results, which we think you'll be excited by.
Thanks for being a part of the journey so far! If you’ve any questions about this update, reach out to us and say hi on Slack.