Monthly updates from the QuestDB team with a deep dive into QuestDB 6.4, Redpanda integration, MindsDB joint-webinar, community updates, and more.
We just shipped QuestDB 6.4! This version includes the long-awaited SQL UPDATE statement (docs), which allows users to modify already-written records in QuestDB.
Here is a blog post that explains why
UPDATE matters for time-series
databases: QuestDB 6.4
Our engineering team just published a new benchmarking article, in which we compare QuestDB with other time-series databases and publish the results. This benchmark comes on the back of QuestDB's new JIT (Just-in-Time) compiler and multi-threaded execution for filter queries.
With this performance, scanning through billions of records without the need of building indexes becomes a reality.
Read our article — 4 billion rows per second: Clickhouse vs QuestDB vs Timescale.
A new tutorial is published by our contributor, Yitaek Hwang, together with the Redpanda team.
Redpanda is an open-source, Kafka-compatible streaming platform that uses C++ and Raft to replace Java and Zookeeper. You will learn how to build a real-time crypto tracker using QuestDB and Redpanda.
Check out the blog post to learn more.
We're happy to share that we're hosting a joint webinar with MindsDB on June 28, 2022, at 10:00 AM PST.
You will learn more about how to use MindsDB and QuestDB to perform time-series predictions with machine learning models.
We will be participating in the DataOps Poland meetup (virtually in English) on June 14, 2022, at 19:00 CET .
It will be a beginner-friendly presentation about times series databases, including a live demo and a short workshop session.
We want to give a warm welcome to new community members. Happy to see you share your ideas and initiate discussions on Slack and GitHub!
- Our Co-founder and CEO, Nic, was the guest speaker at Open Source Startup Podcast on Episode 32.
- Our DevRel Lead, Javier, will talk about processing and analyzing streaming data with QuestDB and Apache Flink at PyCon Italia on June 4, join him!
- QuestDB is highlighted in the article, Landscape of Timeseries Databases, published by Kovid Rathee, thank you!
- TQS Integration published a video introducing their data solution for pharma and biotech companies, using QuestDB as part of the solution.
- We announced our exciting partnership with MindsDB to advance machine learning predictions together, see the press release.
- As always, we'd like to give a shout-out to the community members who continue to show their support; thank you @jeanepaul !
This month, we welcome Javier Ramirez, who joined us from AWS to take care of our awesome community as Developer Relations Lead. Say Hi to him on Twitter.
Meanwhile, we're always on the lookout for passionate people as our new colleagues. Check the career page for more information.
We hope you enjoy reading our latest issue so far. If you'd like to provide your input on our newsletter or product, please share your ideas on or reach out to our team members on the QuestDB Community Slack .