Software Engineer, Backend
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics using SQL. We bring experience and technical approaches from low-latency trading to leverage real-time data processing in various use cases and industries. Our users deploy QuestDB to make time series analysis fast, efficient, and convenient in financial services, IoT, application monitoring, and machine learning.
We are a remote-first company based in London and backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will bring your experience in design, development, and testing to improve our open source time series SQL database. You will continuously improve the system's performance, ensuring that QuestDB remains scalable and easy to use as we roll out new features built with C++ and Java (zero-GC). You will have the opportunity to interact with and gather feedback from QuestDB's growing community of users and contributors. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment to improve user experience and the system's consistency along the way.
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL databases, distributed systems and data replication.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, in particular Java and C/C++.
- Good understanding of core Java 11, threading, generics, garbage collection and serialization.
- Experience building relationships with other engineers of the team and being part of the review process.
- Ability to analyze Java core/thread dumps to resolve issues such as memory leaks and latency.
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them.
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking.
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs.
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer.
Let’s get in touch
Email us with "Software Engineer, Backend" in the subject line. Attach any relevant links to your portfolio (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.) and a few words about why you are interested in QuestDB.email@example.com