Software Engineer, Backend
QuestDB is the fastest open source time series database designed from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for time series data. QuestDB was founded by a low-latency trading team and enables companies to leverage real-time data processing in a wide array of use cases and industries, from financial data to IoT or DevOps observability.
We are based in London and backed by leading venture capital firms and YCombinator.
Software Engineer, Backend (Database)
Databases are at the core of a company's infrastructure. We aim to empower developers around the world to solve their needs through QuestDB.
You will design, code, and test across our open source time-series SQL database. Our goal is to continuously improve the performance of QuestDB open source, while developing new features around scalability. The code base is written in C++ and Java (zero-GC).
You will ensure that QuestDB remains performant, scalable and easy to use as we continue to grow and roll out new features. Our code reaches thousands of developers worldwide - you will have the opportunity to interact and gather feedback from QuestDB's users and contributors.
This successful candidate will directly report to our CTO and work closely with our experienced team of software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL databases, distributed systems and data replication.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, in particular Java and C/C++.
- Good understanding of core Java 11, threading, generics, garbage collection and serialization.
- Experience building relationships with other engineers of the team and being part of the review process.
- Ability to analyze Java core/thread dumps to resolve issues such as memory leaks and latency.
Let’s get in touch
Email us with "Software Engineer, Backend" in the subject line. Attach any relevant links to your portfolio (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.) and a few words about why you are interested in QuestDB.email@example.com