Core Database Engineers
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at YCombinator, and our open source repository has gathered more than 5k stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Core Database Engineer, you will bring your experience in design, development, and testing to improve our open source time series SQL database. You will continuously improve the system's performance, ensuring that QuestDB remains scalable and easy to use as we roll out new features built with C++ and Java (zero-GC). You will have the opportunity to interact with and gather feedback from QuestDB's growing community of users and contributors. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment to improve user experience and the system's consistency along the way.
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL databases, distributed systems and data replication.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, in particular Java and C/C++.
- Good understanding of core Java 11, threading, generics, garbage collection and serialization.
- Experience building relationships with other engineers of the team and being part of the review process.
- Ability to analyze Java core/thread dumps to resolve issues such as memory leaks and latency.
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Core Database Engineers position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.) and include a few words about why you are interested in QuestDB.