Developer in Test
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at Y Combinator, and our open source repository has gathered 7k stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Developer in Test, you will be a critical part of our growing company, helping to improve the testability, robustness, and performance of the development process at QuestDB. You will work alongside core database developers and liaise with end-users to better understand performance and stability issues. As part of the engineering team, you will ensure the system meets specifications through functional testing, integration, and quality analysis. You will work with both developers and customers (who are developers) to understand symptoms and write tools and tests to reproduce stability and performance performance issues. You will write fuzz and load tests to uncover issues ahead of customers discovering them.
- Actively respond to user issues and help solve them independently
- Deeply understand customer issues to reproduce symptoms and understand the cause
- Work with database source code and be comfortable running database instances and test cases in debug mode
- Eliminate flaky tests to ensure continuous integration remains unblocked
- Work with the source code to understand concurrency issues
- Write test suits to illustrate customer issues and to maintain regression suite
- Examine customer tables in a hex editor to understand the impact of production data on system behavior
- Fuzz and stress-test database components
- Infer issues through log timeline and actively contribute to improvement of log messages
- Provide input to improve development process to deliver robust and stable software
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer or developer in test
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Empathy to user problems
- Experience with SQL and Java
- Familiarly with low level software engineering
- Experience working with GitHub source code management, and CI/CD tools
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of expertise
- The ability to understand, shape and deliver against customers' requirements
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Developer in Test position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.)