Developer Relations Engineers
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at YCombinator, and our open source repository has gathered more than 5k stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
Helping developers solve their problems is at the center of what we do. Your role will consist of engaging with the user base and orchestrating the growth of our open source communities.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about data and driven to spur continuous awareness of a deep-technology product. We recognize the value of an enthusiastic and energetic individual who is excited about interacting with developer communities on a daily basis.
This is an open-ended role with a substantial degree of autonomy. You will own the development of outreach channels and partnerships to spur adoption. In addition to planning and participating in events, webinars, podcasts, social media or any other initiative to grow the awareness and presence of QuestDB in open source communities.
- Understand and adapt to developers needs: Create feedback loops with the developer community to inform product roadmap. Be the first point of contact for developers requests and questions
- Manage and engage the community: Build engagement developers' social channels and grow our Slack community. Manage outreach to developers online moderating day-to-day community activity in the discussion forums and via conferences, webinars, events, workshops, etc.
- Work in tandem with our content team to create technical articles, tutorials and YouTube content for developers
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to grow awareness
- Build and deliver technical training workshops using QuestDB and other tools in the open source ecosystem
- Passionate about open-source software developer communities
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies and observability tools
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge about time series databases and SQL is a plus
- Background as software developer is a plus
- Experience in community development is a plus
- Relationships in prominent open source communities is a plus
If you don't meet all requirements, but feel this is the right opportunity for you, please reach out.
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Developer Relations Engineers position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.) and include a few words about why you are interested in QuestDB.