Developer Relations Engineers
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at Y Combinator, and our open source repository has gathered 8500+ stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
Helping developers solve their problems is at the center of what we do. Your role will consist of engaging with the user base and orchestrating the growth of our open source communities.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about data and driven to spur continuous awareness of a deep-technology product. We recognize the value of an enthusiastic and energetic individual who is excited about interacting with developer communities on a daily basis.
This is an open-ended role with a substantial degree of autonomy. You will own the development of outreach channels and partnerships to spur adoption. In addition to planning and participating in events, webinars, podcasts, social media or any other initiative to grow the awareness and presence of QuestDB in open source communities.
- Represent QuestDB at technical conferences and events to build our reputation in relevant tech spaces and communities
- Own and improve the developer onboarding experience by building demo projects, designing workshops, and creating developer-facing materials for different content channels in different formats
- Identify products, channels, and platforms as strategic partners to create initiatives to grow the developer community and product awareness
- Work closely with product, content, and core engineering teams to continuously improve DevRel initiatives leveraging tools and methodologies
- Be the voice of QuestDB's developer community and proactively channel our community's interests and experiences back to software development teams
- Experience working in Developer Relations or as a Software Engineer for 2+ years
- Proficient in at least one common programming language and comfortable working with databases
- Passionate about open source and a strong commitment to the ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Familiarity working with time series databases and SQL is a plus
- Experience in community development and relationships in open source communities is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies and observability tools is a plus
We're passionate about building a diverse team of people driven to solve the most challenging problems. If you don't tick all the boxes but think you can bring something exceptional to the table - apply anyway.
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Developer Relations Engineers position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.)