Lead Software Engineer, Frontend
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We bring experience and technical approaches in low-latency trading to make SQL for time series fast and efficient.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from financial services to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Verizon deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users. We are an ambitious and fast-growing organization working within the fastest-developing database category.
We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company. You will be instrumental in creating a product that looks and feels great as an integrated entity. While you will primarily focus on frontend development, we will actively include you in every step of the database engine's design and development.
- Design and build all internal and user-facing UI
- Maintain well-tested and automated software releases
- Ensure compatibility with back end database functionality, APIs and technologies
- Collaborate with designers to ensure design specifications can be translated to working features
- Align the design and feel of new and existing features to ensure a consistent user experience across our platform
- Engage with the community to promote new features and to gather and integrate feedback
- 3+ years experience working with React, Node.js or TypeScript
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of expertise
- The ability to understand, shape and deliver against customers' requirements
A candidate who has any of the following skills would stand out:
- Experience writing contract tests
- Experience with cloud-native technologies
- Experience using Docusaurus
- Contributor to open source projects
What we offer
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues and a friendly and agile environment
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment (Mac or Linux or Windows)
- Equity options for employees
- Flexible working hours
- A supportive, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them.
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking.
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs.
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer.
Get in touch!
Apply for the Lead Software Engineer, Frontend position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.) and include a few words about why you are interested in QuestDB.