Lead Software Engineer, Frontend
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics using SQL. We bring experience and technical approaches from low-latency trading to leverage real-time data processing in various use cases and industries. Our users deploy QuestDB to make time series analysis fast, efficient, and convenient in financial services, IoT, application monitoring, and machine learning.
We are a remote-first company based in London and backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company. You will be instrumental in creating a product that looks and feels great as an integrated entity. While you will primarily focus on frontend development, we will actively include you in every step of the database engine's design and development.
- Design and build all internal and user-facing UI
- Maintain well-tested and automated software releases
- Ensure compatibility with back end database functionality, APIs and technologies
- Collaborate with designers to ensure design specifications can be translated to working features
- Align the design and feel of new and existing features to ensure a consistent user experience across our platform
- Engage with the community to promote new features and to gather and integrate feedback
- 3+ years experience working with React, Node.js or TypeScript
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of expertise
- The ability to understand, shape and deliver against customers' requirements
A candidate who has any of the following skills would stand out:
- Experience writing contract tests
- Experience with cloud-native technologies
- Experience using Docusaurus
- Contributor to open source projects
What we offer
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues and a friendly and agile environment
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment (Mac or Linux or Windows)
- Equity options for employees
- Flexible working hours
- A supportive, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them.
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking.
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs.
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer.
Let’s get in touch
Email us with "Lead Software Engineer, Frontend" in the subject line. Attach any relevant links to your portfolio (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.) and a few words about why you are interested in QuestDB.firstname.lastname@example.org