We are building an open source time series database focused on performance and simplicity.
QuestDB is used to store, process and analyze time series data in real-time across a wide range of industries, such as Financial Services, Energy, Manufacturing, Web3 and Space Exploration. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our open source repository has gathered 13k+ stars in three years, and is the fastest-growing in our category. We are a product-first company with a large community of developers. We are a globally distributed remote-first team backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company. You will be instrumental in creating a product that looks and feels great as an integrated entity. While you will primarily focus on frontend development, we will actively include you in every step of the database engine's design and development.
- Design and build all internal and user-facing UI
- Maintain well-tested and automated software releases
- Ensure compatibility with back end database functionality, APIs and technologies
- Collaborate with designers to ensure design specifications can be translated to working features
- Align the design and feel of new and existing features to ensure a consistent user experience across our platform
- Engage with the community to promote new features and to gather and integrate feedback
- 3+ years experience working with React, Node.js or TypeScript
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of expertise
- The ability to understand, shape and deliver against customers' requirements
A candidate who has any of the following skills would stand out:
- Experience writing contract tests
- Experience with cloud-native technologies
- Experience using Docusaurus
- Contributor to open source projects
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Frontend Engineers position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.)