Senior Cloud Engineer
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We bring experience and technical approaches in low-latency trading to make SQL for time series fast and efficient.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from financial services to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Verizon deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users. We are an ambitious and fast-growing organization working within the fastest-developing database category.
We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, leading the design and launch of a greenfield cloud-hosted database as a service (DBaaS) solution. Ideally, you have a background as a full-stack software engineer, and you specialize in cloud-native technologies, distributed systems, and orchestration platforms.
- Create a multi-cloud offering for our customers from the ground up
- Design and implement Kubernetes orchestration operator
- Design procedures for troubleshooting and maintenance of the DBaaS system
- Own the rollout and deployment to customers
- Automating resource provisioning including compute and storage resources, logging, and monitoring
- Automating resource management such as scaling data ingress and egress, load-balancing, and backups
- Full task automation, such as resources provisioning, cloud backup, monitoring, scaling data ingress, scaling number of requests, logging, optimization of compute and storage resources
- Build tools which reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Configuration of cloud network interfaces
- 5+ years experience working with cloud technologies
- Excellent knowledge of cloud architecture design (e.g., AWS Well-Architected)
- Experience building scalable, resilient, and secured applications
- Expert software development skills in either Python or Node.js / TypeScript
- Proficient with Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD & Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform)
- Experience with automated testing, logging and monitoring
- Experience with load balancing/proxies, network architecture and security
- Experience building a scaling public APIs
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of expertise
A candidate who has any of the following skills would stand out:
- Experience with React
- Experience with C++ and Java
- Interest in low-level programming
What we offer
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues and a friendly and agile environment
- A supportive, collaborative & inclusive culture that celebrates diversity
- Remote-first working environment that prioritizes open communication
- Attractive equity package above market standards for fast-growing company
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment (Mac or Linux or Windows)
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Flexible working hours
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them.
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking.
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs.
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer.
Get in touch!
Apply for the Senior Cloud Engineer position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.) and include a few words about why you are interested in QuestDB.