Senior Cloud Engineer
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics using SQL. We bring experience and technical approaches from low-latency trading to leverage real-time data processing in various use cases and industries. Our users deploy QuestDB to make time series analysis fast, efficient, and convenient in financial services, IoT, application monitoring, and machine learning.
We are a remote-first company based in London and backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, leading the design and launch of a greenfield cloud-hosted database as a service (DBaaS) solution. Ideally, you have a background as a full-stack software engineer, and you specialize in cloud-native technologies, distributed systems, and orchestration platforms.
- Create a multi-cloud offering for our customers from the ground up
- Design and implement Kubernetes orchestration operator
- Design procedures for troubleshooting and maintenance of the DBaaS system
- Own the rollout and deployment to customers
- Automating resource provisioning including compute and storage resources, logging, and monitoring
- Automating resource management such as scaling data ingress and egress, load-balancing, and backups
- Full task automation, such as resources provisioning, cloud backup, monitoring, scaling data ingress, scaling number of requests, logging, optimization of compute and storage resources
- Build tools which reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Configuration of cloud network interfaces
- 5+ years experience working with cloud technologies
- Excellent knowledge of cloud architecture design (e.g., AWS Well-Architected)
- Experience building scalable, resilient, and secured applications
- Proficient with Node.js and TypeScript
- Proficient with Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD & Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform)
- Experience with automated testing, logging and monitoring
- Experience with load balancing/proxies, network architecture and security
- Experience building a scaling public APIs
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of expertise
A candidate who has any of the following skills would stand out:
- Experience with React
- Experience with C++ and Java
- Interest in low-level programming
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them.
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking.
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs.
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer.
Let’s get in touch
Email us with "Senior Cloud Engineer" in the subject line. Attach any relevant links to your portfolio (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.) and a few words about why you are interested in QuestDB.email@example.com