We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at Y Combinator, and our open source repository has gathered 8500+ stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
Helping developers solve their problems is at the heart of what we do. In this role, you will focus on customer inbounds and help our customers move toward PoCs and production environments. You will be expected to position our offering and go through the pros and cons of QuestDB in the context of each use case.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about data and driven to create customer centric solutions with an underlying technical product. We recognise the value of enthusiastic and energetic individuals who are excited about interacting with open source communities as well as potential and current customers.
This is an open-ended role with a substantial degree of autonomy. You will own the development of the customer’s journey from inbounds to PoCs to depoloyments in production. You will also be working on demos (from idea to creation), tutorials, blog posts and any other initiatives to grow the awareness of QuestDB and increase our interaction with potential new users.
- Work closely with our users and support them to build PoCs and production-ready solutions
- Strive to move users through our funnel, maximize retention rates and increase the adoption of our managed cloud offering
- Identify sales opportunities by validating business and technical requirements of our users
- Be the voice of our users and proactively channel their interests and experiences back to product, marketing, and software engineering teams
- Stay on top of market trends and new technologies to explore new partnership and integration opportunities
- Experience working in technical consulting, customer success, or as a solution engineer for 3+ years
- Proficient in at least one common programming language and comfortable working with databases
- Ability to understand, learn and explain QuestDB's underlying technology and how it fits with specific use cases
- Passionate about databases, open-source software, and customer experience
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Familiarity working with time series databases and knowledge of SQL is preferred
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies and observability tools is a plus
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Solution Engineer position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.)