Technical Content Writers
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at Y Combinator, and our open source repository has gathered 8500+ stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Content Writer to join our fast growing team. You will be writing technical documentation for developers along with explainers and tutorials. You should have demonstrable experience working closely with engineers and product managers to understand and document features along with programming experience and knowledge of database technologies. The role requires a good command of English, and great communication and self-motivation to succeed in a remote environment. You will report to the CTO and work closely with the engineering and product teams.
- Document new features for a highly technical audience of developers
- Maintain the highest standards of quality, clarity and consistency across the documentation and tutorials
- Work closely with Engineering teams to develop working code examples
- Participate in customer feedback programs to ensure customer relevancy and accuracy of our content
- Research and understand our product as well as related trends in time series databases
- 3+ years as a technical writer
- Experience with a programming language such as Java, C#, Python, or Go
- Experience measuring and testing the success of documentation
- Self starter, proactively find new ways to improve the documentation and keep learning the best practices
- Detail oriented with excellent written English
- Good communications skills and team spirit
- Good time-management skills
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Technical Content Writers position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.)