We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at Y Combinator, and our open source repository has gathered 8500+ stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
We are looking for the first UX Designer to join our growing team at QuestDB.
As the first UX Designer at QuestDB, you will have the opportunity to improve the user experience of our range of products, from QuestDB Open Source to QuestDB Cloud. You will have responsibility to identify the problems and propose solutions, and will be encouraged to liaise closely with our engineering and product team, as well as our large community of contributors, users and customers. Finally, you will be overseeing the visual layout and consistency of all products.
- Own UX at QuestDB: we expect the new hire to build a design roadmap, oversee user research and testing and build the library of Figma components
- Define, design, and implement user experience for QuestDB’s open source database, QuestDB Cloud and the website
- Gather feedback and interact over a multitude of channels with our community of contributors, users and customers
- Create storyboards, mockups, prototypes, and flows to convey QuestDB use cases and product features
- Closely collaborate with the engineering and go-to-market teams to continuously improve the user experience
- Come up with usability tests, surveys, interviews, to interpret and leverage user research findings to improve the product
- Track record of designing and building experience for B2B SaaS apps
- Hands-on experience building use cases, mockups, prototypes, workflows, for implementations and new product features
- Practical know-how designing and implementing user interviews, questionnaires and surveys
- A strong opinion about UX best practices
- Experience working with Figma
- Strong communication skills - we interact mostly over GitHub, Slack and Zoom
- Proficiency in leveraging translating user feedback into product design and proactively interacting with engineers
- Web development skills is a plus (ReactJS, GatsbyJS, Docusaurus, HTML5, CSS3)
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the UX Designer position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.)