The Web Console allows you to interact with QuestDB. It provides you with tools to query data and visualize it in a table or using graphs.
The Web Console will be available at
running locally, this will be http://localhost:9000.
By default, the Web Console opens on the code editor.
As you can write numerous SQL commands separated by semicolon, the Web Console uses the following logic to decide what command to execute:
- Check if you highlighted a query or part of it, if yes then it will be executed, otherwise:
- Verify if the cursor is within a SQL statement, if yes, the wrapping statement will be executed, otherwise:
- Find out if the cursor is on the same line as a SQL statement and after the semicolon, if yes, this statement will be executed, finally:
- If the cursor is on a line that does not contain a SQL statement, the next encountered statement will be executed. If there is no statement following the cursor, the previous statement will be used.
You can run a query and click on the
Chart button. This will display the chart
editor. You can then choose chart type, for example
line and then press
You can download the query result by clicking the
CSV button. This file will
be useful to test the import functionality below.
The import tab can be accessed by clicking this icon on the left-side navigation menu:
Description of the fields in the import details table
|Name of the file imported. If imported from copy & paste, an automatically-generated file name|
|Size of the imported file|
|Number of rows successfully imported|
|Number of rows that failed to import|
|Whether the dataset has been recognised to have a header row or not|
|Status of the import. See below|
Description of the import statuses
|Data is currently being imported|
|Import failed, nothing was imported|
|Import is finished. The completion time will be displayed next to the status|
|You are trying to import a file that already exists. To import it regardless, you can either append or override. See importing again for a more exhaustive description|
Although the schema is automatically detected, you can amend the type for any column using the following steps:
- Click on the file you want to amend in the Import screen. The schema will be displayed.
- Find and click on the column which type you want to change.
- You will then need to re-trigger the import.
You can amend the import behaviour with the following options. This will trigger to import the data again.
|Append||Uploaded data will be appended at the end of the table|
|Override||Uploaded data will override existing data in the table|
|Skip lines with extra values||Skips rows that contains dangling values that don't fit the schema|
|Header row||Flag whether the first row should be considered header|
To start the import, click the following button: