The Web Console allows you to interact with QuestDB. It provides you with tools to query data and visualize it in a table or using graphs.
The Web Console will be available at
running locally, this will be http://localhost:9000.
By default, the Web Console opens on the code editor.
As you can write multiple SQL commands separated by a semicolon, the Web Console uses the following logic to decide which command to execute:
- Check if a query or part of a query is highlighted. If yes, it will be executed, otherwise:
- Check if the cursor is within a SQL statement. If yes, the statement will be executed, otherwise:
- Check if the cursor is on the same line as a SQL statement and after the semicolon. If yes, this statement will be executed, finally:
- If the cursor is on a line that does not contain a SQL statement, the next encountered statement will be executed. If there is no statement after the cursor, the previous statement will be used.
You can run a query and click on the
Chart button. This will display the chart
editor. You can then choose chart type, for example
line and then press
You can download the query result by clicking the
CSV button. This file will
be useful to test the import functionality below.
The import tab can be accessed by clicking this icon on the left-side navigation menu:
Description of the fields in the import details table
|Name of the imported file. If imported from copy & paste, an automatically-generated file name|
|Size of the imported file|
|Number of rows successfully imported|
|Number of rows that failed to import|
|Whether the dataset has been recognized to have a header row or not|
|Status of the import. See import statuses|
Description of the import statuses
|Data is currently being imported|
|Import failed, no data was imported|
|Import is finished. The completion time is displayed next to the status|
|You are trying to import a file that already exists. To import it regardless, you can either append or override. See importing again for a more exhaustive description|
Although the schema is automatically detected, you can amend the type of any column of an imported dataset using the following steps:
- Click on the file you want to amend in the Import screen. The schema will be displayed in a table in the lower-half of the screen.
- Click the column which type you want to change. A drop-down list allows for selecting a type for the column.
- You will then need to re-trigger the import.
You can amend the import behaviour with the following options. This will trigger to import the data again.
|Append||Uploaded data will be appended to the end of the table|
|Override||Uploaded data will override existing data in the table|
|Skip lines with extra values||Skips rows that contain values that don't align with the schema|
|Header row||Flag whether the first row should be considered to be a header row|
To start the import, click the following button: