Core Database Engineers
We are building an open source time series database focused on performance and simplicity.
QuestDB is used to store, process and analyze time series data in real-time across a wide range of industries, such as Financial Services, Energy, Manufacturing, Web3 and Space Exploration. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our open source repository has gathered 13k+ stars in three years, and is the fastest-growing in our category. We are a product-first company with a large community of developers. We are a globally distributed remote-first team backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Core Database Engineer, you will bring your experience in design, development, and testing to improve our open source time series SQL database. You will continuously improve the system's performance, ensuring that QuestDB remains scalable and easy to use as we roll out new features built with C++ and Java (zero-GC). You will have the opportunity to interact with and gather feedback from QuestDB's growing community of users and contributors. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment to improve user experience and the system's consistency along the way.
- 3+ years of experience building data-centric software, writing and performance tuning data processing algorithms
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Core Java, C or C++
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, OS inner-workings and hardware
- Can-do attitude, good communication skills, empathy
- Solid experience working as part of a team, experience of git workflow, CI and review process
- Cloud experience is a plus
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Core Database Engineers position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.)