Customer Success Engineers
We are building an open source time-series database focused on performance and simplicity.
QuestDB is used to store, process and analyze time-series data in real-time across a wide range of industries, such as Financial Services, Energy, Manufacturing, Web3 and Space Exploration. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our open source repository has gathered 11k+ stars in three years, and is the fastest-growing in our category. We are a product-first company with a large community of developers. We are a globally distributed remote-first team backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, being the first point of contact with our users, handing their questions and providing initial responses when possible. This is a technical role that requires an engineering background. The candidate will directly liaise with the founders and the engineering team to better handle requests and grow the team.
- Monitoring developer activity on GitHub (issues and discussions), Slack and other channels
- Answering initial responses to support cases
- Guiding users to the relevant information (previous answers, documentation etc) or source feedback from the team to understand the problem and help users
- Reproduce issues in a consistent environment and create test cases
- Create a feedback loop to monitor progress and ensure complete coverage of issues
- Improve the main KPIs 'time to response' and 'time to fix', and build a team as the number of user requests and issues grows
- Familiar with Java, C++, and SQL
- Experience working with GitHub source code management, and CI/CD tools
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of expertise
- The ability to understand, shape and deliver against customers' requirements
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer
Get in touch!
Apply for the Customer Success Engineers position by visiting the link below and submitting your personal details. Attach links to your portfolio where relevant (LinkedIn, GitHub, personal website, etc.)