Hacktoberfest 2021 is starting today! For the first time, QuestDB is participating as an open source project. We're super excited to meet with other open source contributors and maintainers.
For those who're not familiar with Hacktoberfest, it's a month-long online celebration for open source software and communities. By contributing to open source projects, you can get a special edition Hacktoberfest T-shirt 👕 or choose to plant a tree for our planet. 🌴
Many widely used open-source projects are maintained by a small number of developers or even a single person without any financial incentives. And we rely so much on their perseverance and commitment! Participating in Hacktoberfest is one of our approaches to raise awareness and encourage more people to contribute to open source. To celebrate Hacktoberfest, we put together some hints for you to get started.
#⛳ Get started
- Make sure you have a GitHub (or GitLab) account
- Sign up for the event at Hacktoberfest's official website
- Go to open source repositories that opt in for Hacktoberfest:
- QuestDB Core Project: https://github.com/questdb/questdb
- QuestDB Documentation: https://github.com/questdb/questdb.io
- Or, look for other open source projects labeled with
hacktoberfestin their topics
- If you're new to the project, look for open issues labeled with
good first issuesor
help wantedto get started
- Before you commit, don't forget to read
CONTRIBUTING.mdand follow the contribution guideline 👍
#🎁 Tees, trees and QuestDB swag
Once you reach the contribution target of 4 valid pull requests, you can claim the reward from the official organizer! In addition, if you successfully contribute to QuestDB projects, we offer extra SWAG for you through our SWAG program!
To make sure that your pull request is valid, please follow Hacktoberfest's quality standard.
#ℹ️ Get support and updates
Some questions might appear when you're trying to contribute to QuestDB projects; here are the places to get support and hints from our team:
- QuestDB Community Slack: https://slack.questdb.io
- GitHub Discussions: https://github.com/questdb/questdb/discussions
- QuestDB Documentation: https://questdb.io/docs
Also, don't forget to follow us on social media to receive the latest updates:
- QuestDB Twitter: https://twitter.com/questdb
- QuestDB Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/questdb/