Enable storage level data deduplication on inserts and configures
- Deduplication can only be enabled for Write-Ahead Log (WAL) tables.
- Enabling deduplication does not have any effect on the existing data and only applies to newly inserted data. This means that a table with deduplication enabled can still contain duplicate data.
- Enabling deduplication does not have any effect on modifying data with
UPSERT KEYS list can include one or more columns with the following rules:
- The designated Timestamp column must be
included in the
- Columns of STRING and BINARY types cannot be
used in the
ALTER TABLE DEDUP ENABLE on a table that already has deduplication
enabled is not an error.
In such cases, the
UPSERT KEYS list overrides the previously set key column
To enable deduplication on the
TICKER_PRICE table for the
ts is the designated timestamp for the table, use the following
See more example at data deduplication page