Launch the official QuestDB AMI via the AWS Marketplace
AWS Marketplace is a digital catalog with software listings from independent software vendors that runs on AWS. This guide describes how to launch QuestDB via the AWS Marketplace using the official listing. This document also describes usage instructions after you have launched the instance, including hints for authentication, the available interfaces, and tips for accessing the REST API and web console.
- An Amazon Web Services account
#Launching QuestDB on the AWS Marketplace
The QuestDB listing can be found in the AWS Marketplace under the databases category. To launch a QuestDB instance:
- Navigate to the QuestDB listing
- Click Continue to Subscribe and subscribe to the offering
- Configure a version, an AWS region and click Continue to Launch
- Choose an instance type and network configuration and click Launch
An information panel displays the ID of the QuestDB instance with launch configuration details and hints for locating the instance in the EC2 console.
The server configuration file is at the following location on the AMI:
For details on the server properties and using this file, see the server configuration documentation.
The default ports used by QuestDB interfaces are as follows:
- Web console & REST API is available on port
- PostgreSQL wire protocol available on
- InfluxDB line protocol
9009(TCP and UDP)
- Health monitoring & Prometheus
Generated credentials can be found in the server configuration file:
The default Postgres username is
admin and a password is randomly generated
#InfluxDB line protocol credentials
The credentials for InfluxDB line protocol can be found at
For details on authentication using this protocol, see the InfluxDB line protocol authentication guide.
If you would like to disable authentication for Postgres wire protocol or InfluxDB line protocol, comment out the following lines in the server configuration file:
Interfaces may be disabled completely with the following configuration:
The HTTP interface may alternatively be set to readonly:
- Check the release notes and ensure that necessary backup is completed.
You can perform the following steps to upgrade your QuestDB version on an official AWS QuestDB AMI:
- Stop the service:
- Download and copy over the new binary
- Restart the service again: